It’s so good to be back home, as there’s no place like it, but I do have to say that I was very sad to be leaving Sweden, and all my amazing friends, showing me so much love. and, even more especially, because God ‘did the stuff’ – that great ‘Wimberism’ – every day, in every place…. I have always believed, personally, that when we go to meetings, and ‘call down the Presence of God’, that it isn’t necessary. Heresy? Anti-charismatic? Neither! I believe increasingly that WE CARRY the Presence of God with us, in us, and around us….
I don’t always go to meetings feeling on top spiritual form: sometimes, I’m tired, sometimes there have been events or occurrences that take the stuffing out of me, so many things that ‘the stuff of life’ – and, of course, an enemy who doesn’t want us to believe it, get us to a meeting and – honestly – we don’t feel anything. If we didn’t CARRY the Presence, and we’ve got to persuade him to come, then often, not much would happen.
I’m grateful that Jesus sent me – and YOU – as the Father sent him. Jesus got tired, times when he didn’t want people around him, times when he’d even had people try to push him off a cliff…. yet (Colossians 1), the Father was pleased to ‘put all of His fullness into Jesus’ – and we’re sent by Jesus just as His dad sent him.
These past two weeks in Sweden, preceded, of course, by a lovely weekend in Seaford, have been amazing. Not because I’m good: not because I’m a great speaker, not because I’m a magician(!) – but because Jesus was please to give ME all that his Father gave him.
Just looking back, still tired, but I woke early, and started thinking about SOME of the things that happened…. over 2 weeks:-
- 5 people with deafness heard
- a lovely 9 year old girl, with bad glaucoma, saw, perfectly, in a minute
- at lest 9 people with diabetes – 5 class 1 – were healed
- a lady with chronic circulation and unbelievable water-retention began to change shape overnight
- a lady with such terrible pain in her right thigh it woke her many times, slept perfectly the night she was prayed for
- 5 people with major sleep disorders slept
- a lady with massive physical and trauma pain, emotional pain, acute stress and depression, felt all the pain move from her body to her arms and then out of her fingers – all gone!
- cancer dying instead of the person
- meeting the young lady instantly healed over the phone of Multiple Sclerosis, who then had a brain haemmorrage and major balance problems healed
- countless people freed from pain – and unless you’ve suffered acute pain for a period of time, you might not think that’s much! It is….
- migraines disappearing
- IBS, crones, cystitis, other stomach disorders, healed
- ovarian cysts healed
….I could go on, but I’ve blogged some of them over the last 2 weeks. Amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord… for your power, for your love, for your healing, for your PRESENCE.
Now, it’s home just for 8 days, to do laundry, and other exciting things like that(!), before re-packing and heading back over to England next Wednesday, ready for the warmth of Cali, Colombia from Thursday – and, surprisingly (or not??), finding the Presence of God there, too. I need to try and chill out a bit in these few days, fortunately there’s masses of cricket, rugby, and football on the television, and I’ve got a film or two I haven’t seen yet…. Sweden, I love you!
It was so great to see you again! Hey Paul, guess what.. SWEDEN LOVES YOU BACK 🙂 We are waiting for you ❤️
Thank you, Anne!So blessed to be in your lovely country, that you’re about to escape from for a while to Israel 😉 – enjoy Israel, enjoy the warmth, and I hope and pray it is a great time, and that mum keeps well, too. Love to David, if you haven’t already left G’burg!